"YOU PEOPLE"

Got my OWN mic, stage, key, seat & door!

CDC NET

on January 28, 2022

The CDC, this is an acronym; even the most ignorant of us is familiar with it today.

Never heard of it or knew of it but it has been around all of our lives but we know of it today because of this vicious and deadly virus and pandemic that we are living.

The CDC,  it always been around, it has come up with discombobulated directions, misconstrued findings, unfounded data and the like but yet they are a reputable organization of which is silent, missing and because of benign neglect allow our inner cities throughout america to be what it be and do what it do……

The CDC, here reflecting on Net, I just chuckled because I thought about CDC. In reflecting on CDC, it isn'[t what you know of CDC. I am began thinking about the CHURCH I grew up in, New Bethel Missionary Baptist under the leadership of the late Rev. Lawrence Shipp, Sr. and Rev. Fred Harris, Sr.

Net, she was extremely active in the church along with my Keedy Weedy and Sand. so were they. Although she was older she was yet youthful.

CDC. Church was the spiritual restaurant.

We were able to get a buffet style; we were at liberty to pick and choose what we needed to carry us through the week.

Growing up in church, children were kids and kids migrated to children and children learned from children.

It was the 3 amigos and their dad, the Reverend Keith McCaskill who was amazing, gifted and talented. Life happens, we grow up, grow apart and choose a different path for us without many explanations.

We see our children and parents through different eyes and life happens and it was in the church, from the church and about the church that formed us and now today, we are ending in the church, the great unifier.

When we wed, we web. Marriage affords us to branch out and connect, interconnect and grow and foster new relationships, friendships, habits and values.

Marriage, extends us, exposes us, stretches us, includes us, excludes us, heightens us, lowers us,  humbles us, and empowers us.

When I think of marriage, it is the multiple people that’s associated and attached to the 1 person who is now attached and connected to us and that is community.

When I think of community, I think of Net who did all of those things by marrying Keith McCaskill, Sr. Attached to him came: expansion, exclusion, heighten, exposure, inclusion and many other things that also interconnected and connected us to gather here today.

There is no way McCaskill and Department of Motor Vehicle is not synonymous.

Yes, we are talking about Net but the larger picture of who I am and the role Net played in my life and CDC.

She played various ways she impacted me and invested in me.

I stand to thank her for connecting, webbing, assuring, interconnecting, reconnecting and bringing us all together because of Anette Brown, McCaskill Jones all those names encompasses the woman we are bidding farewell today.

Department of Motor Vehicle was a place where the community gathered to assure us that we were legal when we drove. When we drive, we must have our licenses, certifications and titles and registrations current. We had to make sure when we are halted, terrorized, and stopped we are legal. Just as Net did; in order to get to heaven we need to make sure we are legal, right, just and current.

Momma Shirley, the lady and the legend takes us where we needed to be; she took us where we needed to go to get legal at the Department of Motor Vehicle.

COMMUNITY, I end with this. The Brown family were all older than I. But, it is something about children. Keedy Weedy, Sand and PeeWee interconnected the Brown household, Hoover household, Ross household and Caradine household and we were COMMUNITY.