"YOU PEOPLE"

Got my OWN mic, stage, key, seat & door!

THE GRIEVING BLACK MOTHER

on September 16, 2019

September 15th, 1963 was a dark, cold, brutal, painful and harsh cold day.

It was the day innocent BLACK children were shown they weren’t safe anyplace and it also showed me the disregard of a “hollowed” place white thugs, mobs and gangs had and yet have for places of wodship that we used to organize, strategize, plan and execute progress.

This was the weekend of the commemoration of the 16th Street bombing where 4 little girls were killed, 1 visually impaired and 2 young boys killed also in the same community by WHITES.

This was the weekend moms began to hit the streets at the senseless gun violence that has had no age limit or socioeconomic class in robbing us of our BLACK babies.

We have lost a total of 25 babies of gun violence and nothing has been done on the local or nationallevel due to our children not seen as humane or worthy.

“They came tired, they came sick, they came wanting to be anywhere but on that stage five years later. They keep showing up because our children are still the focus of hate.” Dr. Christi Griffin

#MOTHERSOFTHEMOVEMENT

ROSA PARKS was coined the mother of the Civil Rights Movement.

Today, our MOTHERS OF THE MOVEMENT are women thrust into a SORROWity and become line sister without their permission.

BLACK MOMS rehearse this ritual that is ALL TOO FAMILIAR to BLACK MOMS lived experience.

MOTHER’S OF THE MOVEMENT are women who understand that on the couch, in the house, detatched, silence, god, praying were not things that will change nor dismantle this racist ass system.

THEY TOOK THEIR PAIN AND FOUND THEIR PURPOSE

THEY TOOK THEIR LIFE’S LEMONS AND CREATED LEMONADE FOR ALL TO ENJOY

THEY BEGAN TO CREATE AND INVENT

THEY DID AND DO WHAT WE BLACK WOMEN HAVE ALWAYS DID AND DONE:
MOTHERING
NURTURING
HEALING
POURING FROM EMPTY VESSELS
SHOWING UP EMPTY AND LEAVING AN OVERFLOW
PLANTED SHADE AND RIPE FRUIT TREES

Today’s MOTHERS OF THE MOVEMENT lead in:
EDUCATING
EXPOSING
EMPOWERING
BRUTAL CONVERSATION FACILITATING
RELATIONSHIP BUILDING
COMMUNITY REIGNITING
RENEWING THE IGNORANT AND NOVICE MINDS

These things are ALL key ingredients to this FULL COURSE MEAL OF A BETTER WORLD FOR OUR FUTURE.

#MothersMarch2019 #MothersMarch

Mothers, I am loving this time of gathering.

I am also wishing that this will be OUR turning point.

There is strength in OUR unity.

WE have been waiting on us.

WE are the driving force of the economy.

America has ALWAYS need our muscles and minds.

WE are literally the life givers of those who make laws to say if WE are worthy or not/if we can ir not/if we are inferiror or superior ir not?

WE are the driving force of this economy.

I really hope that this is our FIRST STEP to mending, healing, forgiving, sincerely loving, building, interconnecting, teaching, learning, growing and truly grasping what MY SISTER’S KEEPER, ALL OF OUR SISTERS is really about, ALL INCLUSIVE.

She did EXACTLY what was in her DNA, we WOC were the CHOSEN vessel to have LOTS of babies for Massah. We have ALWAYS had a history of bi

#TeamCOC

To be a mom, ESPECIALLY A BLACK MOM is to CONSTANTLY be resisting, resilient, reciprocal and remembering.

I don’t have to say the roles WE wear as moms, women, daughters, sisters, aunts and grands looks effortlessly flawless on us, in spite of being bashed, rejected and misunderstood. We are ALWAYS in survival mode.

These roles bring out things within us that WE KNEW/KNOW were within but perfected suppressing, denying and forgetting.

Today, enjoy you
Today pat yourself on your back
Today appreciate your mastery
Today walk into your brilliant ways
Today look at your MULTI AND POLI and say, DAMN I AM BAD

Today honor the woman I see, the friend I admire and the MOM AND WOMAN you have become (FLAWS AND ALL)…..

Today I woke up thinking about those MEAN MOTHERS.

These are the mothers who is NEVER pleased, always brute in tone, harsh in her looks, pain in her actions, absence in your life and moments of celebrations, distant in her love, care and compassion, loved by ALL the other children BUT her own, the women who looked out her window with that I WISH A MOFO CHILD WOULD STEP ON MY FRESHLY MANICURED LAWN OR GRAVEL FILLED UNKEPT GRASS……

Yeah we ALL know them, if we did not have them in our households then they were at CHURCH, SCHOOL and in the HOOD.

These women I LOVE DEARLY!

Now that I am older, now that I am more in tune to America and now that I am a mom and got a glimpse of our HISTORY as a POC, these women STILL had a hand in how we turned out, these women STILL managed to overcome abuse. These women STILL raised their own and us although it wasn’t how we had wished or how society said they should but it was the BEST WAY THEY KNEW HOW.

These women made us terrified to the point, WE KNEW WHAT RESPECT AND HAVING MANNERS WOULD AND WOULD NOT GET US.

These women were often left solo with a LOT of children or didn’t get why he left or if he stayed why she was his doormat and he beat her like an animal and she was supposed to LIVE UP TO WHAT THE BIBLE SAID.

O, they were deeply religious and deeply broken, abused and distant women but yet they STILL had a hand in the men and women we became.

TO LO THOMAS…….

Just like 5 years ago, you STILL remained the REELIST AND REALIST.

YOU reeled in the confused mind

You reeled in the waivereing hearts

You reeled in the roving eyes

You reeled in the CHOSEN ignorant

Your REALNESS was raw

Your REALNESS was clear

Your REALNESS was understood

Your REALNESS was intention

Your REALNESS was needed

Your REALNESS was my why

Love Ya

PASTOR TRACI BLACKMON, YOUR ANGER, STRAIGHT FORWARDNESS, ABILITY TO BE FREE IN YOUR ARTICULATION AND INTENTIONALLY CHOOSE YOUR COLORFUL FEELINGS TO CONVEY YOUR HEADSPACE WITHOUT DISCOMBOBULATION WAS JUST WHAT WE NEEDED, I NEEDED.  I HAVEVBEEN WAITING ON THIS DAY TO PERMISSION OTHER AFFLUENT BLACKS MOMS TI LOSEBIT BECAUSE WE ARE ENTITLED TO LOSE IT. WHEN I SAW YOUR PERFECTLYX FLAWLESS GROOMED AFRO AND HEARD YOU SPEAK ON SATURDAY AND SUNDAY; I COULD ONLY WALK AWAY WITH……

AND THEN I GOT MAD!!!!!!